Monarch Healthcare are recruiting for a Maintenance Worker to join our team at Kingfisher Court Care Home, NG11. The role will include completing day to day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services, and grounds to ensure the Care Centre is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week, however, due to the nature of the role, work outside of these hours may be required alongside on call duties, therefore we are looking for someone with flexibility to shift times.
Required: Driving licence and use of a car.
The main duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out repairs and decoration to the home as required and ensure the maintenance of the care homes exterior.
- Ensure any known defects to appliances, furniture, equipment, and other potential hazards are reported to the Manager and actioned as required.
- Monitor the fire panel daily, reporting any faults showing whilst testing the fire system on a weekly basis, recording in the fire log.
- Ensure all fire exits remain tidy and free from clutter, and complete visual checks of all fire safety equipment, as specified in the company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with and support visiting contractors and deliveries.
- Ensure all ventilation units and lights are kept clean and well maintained, test all appliances and equipment as required.
- High cleaning of cooker hood, extractor fans, light fittings, carpets, windows as required.
- Test and record water temperatures on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all products are stored correctly and in line with regulations.
All roles are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.