Monarch Healthcare are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team at Clifton Manor Nursing Home. As a Kitchen Assistant, you will assist our Cooks to maintain a clean environment and support to prepare and serve food. You will be required to work on a rota basis, including some weekends and bank holidays. The rate of pay is in line with National Minimum Wage.
We are looking for an individual who is caring and friendly with good communication skills. It would be beneficial to have previous experience of food preparation and kitchen support duties alongside a food hygiene certificate, however, training and support can be provided.
The main responsibilities of the role include: this is not an exhaustive list
- Assist with the preparation, cooking and serving of meals
- Provide for dietary requirements
- Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen and dining area
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, temperatures, and schedules
- Ensure relevant standards are always met
Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
Report any faulty equipment.
You will be joining a supportive team who are focused on providing the highest level of person-centred care. Alongside this we offer the following:
- Access to on-site parking
- Meal on shift (if shift time over 7.5 hours, set menu)
- Refer a friend Bonus scheme
5.6 weeks annual leave
In house training
Supportive team environment
Annual Monarch Healthcare Awards and Recognition dinner
Monarch Healthcare value all employees and actively encourage people to develop their knowledge and skills through opportunities for further learning as well as through mandatory training expectations. All roles are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.