Monarch Healthcare are recruiting for a Cook to join our team at Clifton Manor.
As a Cook at Monarch Healthcare, Duties will include preparing and serving food, maintaining a clean environment, monitoring of kitchen budgets and the replenishment of stock. The hours of the role are 30 hours per week, on a rota basis, including some weekends and bank holidays.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, cook, and serve hot and cold meals.
- Provide for special dietary requirements and consider the preferences of individual clients.
- Liaise with the Home Manager to plan and cost menus, ensuring a balanced nutritious diet and making the best use of fresh foods.
- Contribute in meetings to present and discuss suggestions for menus.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies and deliveries.
- Adhere to budgets and discuss changes with home manager.
- Maintain efficient stock rotation. Order stores and check deliveries against records.
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall Cleaning of the kitchen and dining areas is carried out effectively.
- Report any faulty equipment.
- Experience of working within a kitchen environment, preparing food.
- Basic Food/Hygiene certificate. City & Guilds certificate would be an advantage
- To be caring, friendly and a team player
You will be joining a supportive team who are focused on providing the highest level of person-centred care. Alongside this we offer the following:
- Annual awards and recognition
- Refer a friend Bonus scheme
- Inhouse training
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Access to on-site parking
- Contributory Pension
Monarch Healthcare value all employees and actively encourage people to develop their knowledge and skills through opportunities for further learning as well as through mandatory training expectations. All roles are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.
Please note that all people working in care homes in England are required to have had both doses of a covid-19 vaccination, unless medically exempt. Proof of vaccination status will be required to be shown on arrival for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.