Monarch Healthcare provides nursing and care support for older people, specialising in supporting people with Dementia and associated illness.
We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join our friendly team at Poplars Nursing Home. Poplars is a beautifully presented home, traditionally built and upgraded to provide high quality living for people in older age with mixed frailties. The home can provide for up to 60 residents in a range of ‘houses’ to suit each person’s requirements.
You would be required to work on a rota basis, including some weekends and bank holidays.
Hourly rate: Up to £9.72, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Shift times: 21.30 – 07.30
· Vocational qualification Level 3, or working towards, or equivalent qualification
· Ability to communicate at all levels
· Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
· To be caring, friendly and a team player
· Satisfactory police checks and references
Main Duties: This is not an exhaustive list.
· Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting Clients, when required, with all aspects of daily living.
· Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Centre, under the supervision of senior Staff Members
· Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide supervision and attention when needed, ensuring Clients retain their comfort and dignity.
· Pay attention to assisting Clients who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties making the best use of aids provided.
· Complete, observe & review care planning needs for Clients, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
· Answer Nurse call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
· Report on well-being of Clients and liaise with GPs and Support Managers etc.
· Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
·Make visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
· Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Care Centre’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Care Centre’s resources are used appropriately.
· Clean and maintain equipment used by Clients / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc.
· Ensure the Care Centre is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
· Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients’ personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Clients.
· Dispense medication and ensure correct recording of all relevant information relating to medication.
· Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
Why work for us?
· Yearly awards and recognition ceremony
· Free meal on shift (shift time over 7.5 hours, from a set menu)
· Refer a friend Bonus scheme
· In-house training
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· Access to on-site parking
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.