Monarch Healthcare provides nursing and care support for older people, specialising in supporting people with Dementia and associated illness.
Kingfisher Court is recruiting for a dedicated and creative Activity Coordinator to plan and implement activities appropriate to Clients’ needs and requests, and to assist the Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
You would be required 20 hours per week on a rota basis, including some weekends and bank holidays. The rate of pay is in line with National Minimum Wage.
· Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events / activities across all Client categories
· Good communication and organisational skills
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Friendly, confident, and customer-focused
· Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
· Clear understanding of confidentiality and professionalism
· Satisfactory Police checks and references
Key responsibilities: this is not an exhaustive list.
· Help Clients to socialise and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
· Plan and initiate monthly programmes and encourage Clients to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
· Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care Centre’s activities.
· Accompany Clients to local events/activities, which may take place outside normal working hours.
· Help to create an atmosphere of social inclusion and purposeful days.
· Assist with fund raising for entertainment, materials and outings.
· Maintain up to date records of daily activities using appropriate documentation and assist the Clinical team to review and update Client Care Files.
· Report any changes in Clients’ physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager, or Person in charge.
· Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Clients who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
· Actively promote the home in a positive manner and display a professional approach within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Centre always.
· Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
· Ensure all information gained in the course of duty remains confidential and is not divulged to third parties.
Why work for us?
· Yearly awards and recognition ceremony
· Refer a friend Bonus scheme
· In-house training
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· Access to on-site parking
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.