Monarch Healthcare is an established care provider and forward-thinking company. We have an opportunity for a Manager Support to join our team at Rutland Manor Nursing Home, Ilkeston.
As a Manager Support at Monarch Healthcare, you will provide a link between management and the staff team. You will be required to work 35 hours per week on a rota basis that will include some weekends and bank holidays. The rate of pay is up to £22,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Shift times can be between the hours of 07:30-19:30
- NVQ level 3 or other relevant residential social work qualification/experience.
- Previous supervisory/team leading/senior care experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with older people in a care home setting
- Strong IT skills
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of daily and monthly audits delegated to you by the home manager
- Staff supervisions
- Complete care plan evaluations and records and undertake regular reviews to ensure best practice
- Participate in client reviews
- On call duties and staff support
- Maintain effective communication with staff, provide feedback and liaise with the manager to ensure information is cascaded throughout the team.
- Assist with preadmission assessments and preparation of the home for new admissions
- Assist with assessing needs of Clients and monitoring the planning and evaluation of care
- Complete applications and support investigations and reports pertaining to deprivation of liberty and safeguarding in the absence of the manager, liaising with the Senior Management Team prior to submitting
- Deliver personal care as appropriate to Residents needs
- Promote person centred care and support staff to plan and deliver care in an individualised way
- Conduct competency assessments and provide instruction, guidance, and support to the care team
- Support the Manager with overseeing governance in the home addressing all shortfalls with the staff team, advise the Manager of actions taken and record on individuals records
- Contribute to staff training to ensure all Staff Members receive the required statutory training and additional training to meet the needs of service users and enhance their own development
Monarch Healthcare value all employees and actively encourage people to develop their knowledge and skills through opportunities for further learning as well as through mandatory training expectations. All roles are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.