Monarch Healthcare are recruiting for a Learning and Development Trainer to work across our homes; Rutland Manor, Poplars Nursing Home and Croft Care Home.
As a Learning and Development Trainer at Monarch Healthcare, you will be support Home Managers to coordinate training needs, whilst ensuring staff members complete relevant training within the required timeframes. You will deliver training, maintain competency assessments and provide support to employees during the completion of the care certificate.
This is a full-time role, working 40 hours per week, however we are looking for someone who can be flexible with regards to working hours, as the position may require work outside of the agreed times to meet business needs, and can include weekends. The successful candidate will need to be able to self-manage and work holistically at a fast pace, prioritising and managing their workload whilst working in a professional manner.
The homes within this role are based in the following locations, please ensure prior to applying that you are able to travel to the locations of:
Rutland Manor Nursing Home, Ilkeston, DE7
Poplars Nursing Home, Burton-on-Trent, DE13
Croft Care Home, Burton-on-Trent, DE15
- Minimum of Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working with dementia care and behaviours that challenge
- Genuine interest and experience of working with the relevant Client group
- Computer literate, able to use excel, word and PowerPoint
- Full Driving Licence and use of a car – able to transport equipment safely
- Confident driver and willing to travel – travel may be required to different locations to those above
- Able to use online learning management systems for the delivery of training
- Able to facilitate and manage equipment set up for training delivery
- Experience in delivering face to face training
- Ability to communicate at all levels and maintain confidentiality
- To be caring, friendly and a team player with a positive approach
- Relevant teaching/training qualification
- Previous experience in NAPPI level 1/PBS training
- Experience in a team leading position
- A good overall knowledge of mandatory training subjects
The main duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Support home managers with staff training and development needs, ensuring training meets the required completion rate.
- Coordinate and facilitate the learning and development of all staff.
- Deliver training.
- Conduct observations and supervisions to advise staff teams accordingly and identify further training needs.
- Support employees during the completion of the care certificate, reporting progress to the Home Manager on each visit.
- Manage a schedule of work and report this monthly to the Training Manager.
- Prepare reports for the training manager as required.
- Contribute to new staff inductions as requested.
- Attend training meetings to discuss progress and needs.
- Provide feedback to the Management team as required.
All roles are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.