Monarch Healthcare are recruiting for an Activities Coordinator to join our team at Heeley Bank Care Home. Heeley Bank offers care and nursing support for up to 67 people in a spacious, well-maintained home. The home is based within a residential area and benefits from good transport links to the surrounding areas.
This is a full-time position working between the hours of 8am-6pm. Flexibility to working hours is required as the role can include some evenings, weekends and bank holidays. The rate of pay is dependent on experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience of developing and organising a range of events and activities with knowledge and experience of working with people living with dementia and creating activities that promote purposeful days. You will have strong communication and organisational skills, with the ability to work on your own initiative and plan and produce a variety of documents and supporting material to enhance the home’s activities programme.
We are looking to speak with friendly, encouraging, and supportive individuals that are looking to make a difference to the lives of others through this varied and rewarding role.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create, plan and implement monthly activity programmes that consider the individual needs and choice of all people who live within the home.
- Create an atmosphere of social inclusion and purposeful days
- Work to a budget and create methods of fundraising
- Maintain up to date records of daily activities using appropriate documentation and assist the Clinical team to review and update Care Files
The benefits of the role include:
- Access to on-site parking
- Annual Monarch Healthcare Awards and Dinner
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- In house training
- Contributory Pension
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Referral scheme
If you would like to join our team, please apply to this advert by forwarding your CV and cover note. We look forward to hearing from you.
All roles are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.